Effective: May 25, 2018. Modified Sept. 16, 2019
2. AS PART OF THE SERVICES, YOU ARE PROVIDED WITH A US/CANADIAN FORMATED TELEPHONE NUMBER. THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS INFRASTRUCTURE NECESSARY TO PROVIDED THE SERVICES ARE LOCATED IN THE US AND CANADA, AS SUCH YOU ARE UNDER THE JURISDICTION OF THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE LAWS OF CANADA when you accept the Services with the US/Canadian telephone number.
3. TextNow provides “Free” Services as well as paid Services for users. In order to pay for the “Free” Service, personalized advertisements are placed before you. Your information is used to personalize the advertisements.
6. If You are a resident of the European Economic Area or EU, please deactivate your account with us. We are currently focused on US and Canadian markets and have not yet implemented the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations.
7. TextNow reserves the right to modify these policies at any time. We invite you to periodically consult this section for possible updates and changes. Notification of any major changes may be sent to you by email or a system message to your account.
8. If You wish to contact our Privacy Officer, you may contact them through one of the following means:
Post: TextNow, Inc.
420 Wes Graham Way
Email: [email protected]
9. You may update your personal information (including flagging your messages for deletion) by accessing your account from our website at https://www.textnow.com.
1. Personal Information: When you sign up for a user account for any of the Services, We collect personal information, such as your name, and email address. When you sign up for paid service, we also collect your payment information for billing purposes.
2. Device Information: When you access our website or use our software, (TextNow Application and/or 2ndline Application), the information we collect include IP Addresses, location data, Device ID, Advertiser ID, browser type and settings, device type and settings, and operating system (such as iOS and Android).
3. Cookies and Analytical Tracking: Sometimes we use cookie technology, web beacons and other similar devices on our Websites and our software to enhance functionality and navigation, and portions of our Websites and our software may use statistical tools that may be operated by third party providers (collectively, the “Analytical Tools”). The third party providers of Analytical Tools may also transfer this information to other third parties where they are required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on their behalf. You consent to the processing of data about you by third party providers of Analytical Tools in the manner and for the purposes set out herein.
4. User communications: When you use our Services to make and receive telephone calls or send and receive messages (including voice and text messages, video, and pictures), we are required to collect telephony log information (telephone toll records) like your calling-party number, receiving-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls and messages, duration of calls, routing information, and types of calls. Your messages are also collected.
1. We use your information to communicate with you, to ensure our services are working as intended, to make improvements to our services, to develop our business, and to protect against fraud and spam.
2. As a provider of telecommunications services, we are subject to legal and regulatory requirements to retain some of your information such as telephone toll records for a period of time.
3. We provide the information we collect to third parties, such as advertisers, in order to provide you with commercial advertisements. An anonymization or pseudonymization (such as hashing) of your email address may be provided to the third parties for these purposes. The provision of such information generate revenue to pay in part or in whole for the Services. We do not provide personal information to third parties except for billing purposes.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp).
4. We may use different technologies to process your information for these purposes. We may use automated systems to analyze your information to provide you with personalized services and personalized advertisements. And we may analyze your information to help us detect abuse such as spam, malware, and illegal content.
5. Our advertising partners may place or recognize a cookie on your computer or device, and may use a de-identified, non-human readable version of your email address for matching to other data collected from (or across) sites about you to improve the relevance of online advertising and personalization. Never is your actual email address shared with any company. To learn more about interest-based advertising in general and to opt out, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
1. Our servers are located in the United States and Canada. Accordingly, in connection with providing you with the Services, your information will be processed and stored in the United States and Canada. The governments, courts, law enforcement, and regulatory agencies of which are able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States or the laws of Canada.
2. Your payment information may be share with such third parties as needed for billing purposes and to prevent fraud.
1. The Services may include advertisements regarding or otherwise contain hyperlinks to other websites, including those of our business partners, vendors and advertisers. Advertisements for third parties and their products may be included with the Services and those third party advertisements and web sites may include a cookie, web beacons, or other device(s) of the third party. We do not have control over the cookies, web beacons, or other devices used by third parties and do not have access to whatever information they may collect. You acknowledge and agree We are not responsible for the content or for the privacy practices employed by third parties.